Finnish Hacker Isolates Helicopter GPS Coordinates From YouTube Video Sounds

Soulskill posted about 8 months ago | from the curiosity-leads-to-the-best-hacks dept.

Technology 163

An anonymous reader sends a post by Finnish electronics hacker Oona Räisänen, who heard a mysterious digital signal in the audio accompanying a YouTube video of a police chase. The chase was being filmed by a helicopter. Räisänen wrote: "The signal sits alone on the left audio channel, so I can completely isolate it. Judging from the spectrogram, the modulation scheme seems to be BFSK, switching the carrier between 1200 and 2200 Hz. I demodulated it by filtering it with a lowpass and highpass sinc in SoX and comparing outputs. Now I had a bitstream at 1200 bps. ... The bitstream consists of packets of 47 bytes each, synchronized by start and stop bits and separated by repetitions of the byte 0x80. Most bits stay constant during the video, but three distinct groups of bytes contain varying data." She guessed that the data was location telemetry from the helicopter, so she analyzed it to extract coordinates. When she plotted them and compared the resulting curve to the route taken by the fleeing car in the video, it was a match.

She? (-1)

She? She could at least mention the man who showed her how to do it.

Re:She? (-1)

2014?

Re:She? (-1)

-1940? Apparently feminists think it's now men's 'turn' to stick them for the 'patriarchy'...a concept that, in any other circumstance, would be considered paranoid delusion.

Re: She? (-1)

The man was your mum.

Re:She? (-1)

She? She could at least mention the man who showed her how to do it.

Well, to be completely fair 'she' was born as a man.

wtf (-1)

I'm sorry, but you're completely lost.

Re:She? (-1)

Those people don't count as a female. They have personal problems and that is sad, but I see little reason why we should all have to play along in the delusion. In any other circumstance, this person would be labeled with a mental disorder and possibly treated, but since the liberals have cordoned these types off as 'victims', we're now supposed to 'celebrate' their 'diversity.'

Re:She? (-1)

True that, but must not be mentioned ever.

what an ep1c hack (5, Insightful)

Connie_Lingus (317691) | about 8 months ago | (#46129357)

i think i'm in love with this women.

Re:what an ep1c hack (4, Funny)

rvw (755107) | about 8 months ago | (#46129533)

i think i'm in love with this women.

Steal a car and make sure it is at prime time!

Re:what an ep1c hack (4, Funny)

artor3 (1344997) | about 8 months ago | (#46129583)

And make sure to set up a speaker to broadcast your proposal in FSK ascii characters.

Re:what an ep1c hack (1)

TheGratefulNet (143330) | about 8 months ago | (#46129711)

she seems quite smart.

better rot13 it to make it a bit harder.

Re:what an ep1c hack (2)

sadness203 (1539377) | about 8 months ago | (#46130453)

Better do it twice then, to give the message stronger encryption.

Re:what an ep1c hack (1)

spokenoise (2140056) | about 8 months ago | (#46130735)

I'd download a car rather than steal it!

Re:what an ep1c hack (-1)

Well Frohike, you better tell her before you, Byers, and Langley jump the shark.

Re:what an ep1c hack (-1)

"women"...
How typically AMERICAN.

Why do Americans keep writing "women" instead of "woman"? How stupid do you have to be?

Re:what an ep1c hack (0)

i'm in love with this women.

Just don't let any of the women you're in love with find out about the others and you should be fine.

Re: what an ep1c hack (0)

I'm sure his mom understands and secretly hopes he's finally leaving the house.

Re:what an ep1c hack (3, Insightful)

It's sad that this got an insightful mod. The fact that everyone jumps to potential mate every time a woman does something is one of the biggest barriers to women in technical fields.

Re:what an ep1c hack (2, Interesting)

K. S. Kyosuke (729550) | about 8 months ago | (#46129949)

If your logic is correct, that might just clean up itself nicely when more women start "doing something". Either that, or your logic is wrong, seeing as humanity survived for many millennia without women doing nothing.

Re:what an ep1c hack (4, Funny)

mwehle (2491950) | about 8 months ago | (#46130067)

I'm going to have to go with possibility two here. I believe humanity survived for many millennia "without women doing nothing". I would in fact go so far as to moot the proposition that should women begin doing nothing humanity may indeed not survive.

Re:what an ep1c hack (5, Insightful)

russotto (537200) | about 8 months ago | (#46130017)

Right, men should be attracted to women only because of their purely physical charms, not because of anything they actually do. And by "men" I mean "not neckbearded nerds", who should just stay in their fucking parents basements and forget about any sort of relationship.

Re:what an ep1c hack (2)

epyT-R (613989) | about 8 months ago | (#46130571)

Well, these days, lots of men are realizing that relationships aren't worth the time, resource, and legal risk, and many of them are not 'neckbeard nerds.'

Re:what an ep1c hack (0)

g0bshiTe (596213) | about 8 months ago | (#46130179)

That and their boobs get in the way of everyone elses work.

Ever tried to work while staring at a womans boobs?

Re:what an ep1c hack (0)

Yeah, God forbid anyone find a woman attractive for her mind.

Re:what an ep1c hack (0)

We're just hookin' you up, man. We make the comment—you come swooping in to save the day with your "Oh, those poor womens; men are pigs" and then you get to bang...um, well there're no women here, so uh...

Re:what an ep1c hack (2, Interesting)

Right, like women don't hit on the men in female dominated industries, subject them to advances, and then leaving him wondering if he'll lose his job for saying 'yes', or for saying 'no.' This happens in heterogenic offices, so I see no reason why it wouldn't be worse in this circumstance.

It's not that propositioning someone is really a bad thing, but the government granted trump cards women have make their behavior a genuine threat to men. Really, it's women who should learn to take it as compliments rather than using these hair trigger laws as a rejection tool. The only valid complaints here are when the propositioning party won't back off when asked, but right now, the whiteknight-defined law acts only on women's sayso, with little proof required. It's time to put this behavior in perspective instead of labeling men as pervs for asking women out, or admiring them. Both genders eyes wander. Leave it to the left to criminalize natural behavior.

Re:what an ep1c hack (1)

K. S. Kyosuke (729550) | about 8 months ago | (#46129921)

She doesn't care about you, she's in love with a journalist and currently wanted for triple murder. Too busy a schedule.

Well, it is saturday and I have free time (-1)

I'd rather have a beer. I must not be a n3rd.

Re:Well, it is saturday and I have free time (1)

Rosco P. Coltrane (209368) | about 8 months ago | (#46129571)

You're just middle-aged. It's normal...

If anyone needs me... (5, Funny)

I'll be in the kitchen, making this woman a sandwich.

Re:If anyone needs me... (1)

g0bshiTe (596213) | about 8 months ago | (#46130187)

She anticipated that and she's already hacked your fridge!

Ohhho noz!

...and? (0, Flamebait)

Achra (846023) | about 8 months ago | (#46129401)

am I the only one reading this story and thinking, "so what?". The most interesting this is that apparently the digital signal was embedded into the tv-feed for the video. One would think that they would strip that back out before broadcast. The rest? I'm guessing that this woman has an amateur radio background, for her to know what 1200baud BFSK sounds like and to have all of the SDR software already on her computer. The rest is just hexdump and pattern matching. Sorry, I know this is an oversimplification, but this isn't genius either.

Re:...and? (5, Insightful)

RightSaidFred99 (874576) | about 8 months ago | (#46129449)

Pfft, it's fucking magic to me dude, but I'm a software guy. I think the so what is 2 things - first it shows crazy shit you can do that people don't expect with Youtube or other short clips, and second it's a chick who did it.

Re: ...and? (0)

Because women have never contributed to technology.... Even though the first programmer was female and the inventor of spread spectrum was a Hollywood starlet. Continue existing in your delusion - what have you ever done of any importance?

Re: ...and? (2)

g0bshiTe (596213) | about 8 months ago | (#46130197)

I know I still enjoy a good Hollywood starlet spread spectrum today.

Re:...and? (1)

Achra (846023) | about 8 months ago | (#46130387)

I'm a software guy just like you. It's just that I am also a software guy with a hobbyist understanding of amateur radio and electronics. You can learn how to do this too.

I know right? (0)

I'm always running my own little TEMPEST operations on youtube videos, who doesn't?

Re:...and? (-1)

You have to remember that the majority of readers here are children with little to no college background. The fact that any EE undergrad student would be able to do this no longer matters.

Re:...and? (0)

probably only if they specialized in communications (EE version, not business version)

Re: ...and? (1)

Adam Claassen (3006455) | about 8 months ago | (#46130767)

Given the contents of her blog (windytan.com), I'm not surprised she discovered this... She does some pretty cool shit with radios.

What she doesn't tell you (5, Funny)

93 Escort Wagon (326346) | about 8 months ago | (#46129413)

She washe one driving the car being chased by the police.

This woman is smarter than I. (-1)

How come I only see technical women smarter than me on the Internet? I've never worked with one, met one, talked to one - only elusive random women I see once in a while. It's like the elusive hen's tooth.

Oh, and why do the dumb fucks who run this site disallow people with negative karma to post anonymously? It's not like I can't just go run a fucking incognito window and do it, you neckbeard cunts.

Re:This woman is smarter than I. (2)

benjfowler (239527) | about 8 months ago | (#46129519)

Although I think that people doing interesting stuff getting double the attention because they're female, is a weird kind of inverted sexism.

It would be a travesty if women were put off innovating like this and following their technical passions, because of arguably-sexist backhanded putdowns, or neckbeards slobbering all over them merely because they're female.

Re:This woman is smarter than I. (1)

Nyder (754090) | about 8 months ago | (#46129709)

You sound jealous.

Re:This woman is smarter than I. (1)

davester666 (731373) | about 8 months ago | (#46129565)

I believe they have identified you as a "person to avoid at all costs".

Re:This woman is smarter than I. (1)

Rosco P. Coltrane (209368) | about 8 months ago | (#46129587)

How come I only see technical women smarter than me on the Internet?

Because you never get out of your parent's basement?

Re:This woman is smarter than I. (3, Funny)

K. S. Kyosuke (729550) | about 8 months ago | (#46129993)

How come I only see technical women smarter than me on the Internet?

Selection bias. By means of comparison, only beautiful girls get caught in the storm of events in modern action movies, ugly slobs are always safe. (Well, I'm being somewhat facetious here, but you catch my drift.)

Brilliant hack! (5, Interesting)

HellCatF6 (1824178) | about 8 months ago | (#46129443)

There was a time, before we all lost our minds to Pong, Asteroids and Zelda (yes, I go way back) where we also spent time taking our world apart and figuring out how to make it better.

Oona rocks! She should be rewarded somehow.

BTW - the end of the article finally explains how a megahertz signal found its way onto the audio track.

Re:Brilliant hack! (2)

Oona rocks! She should be rewarded somehow.

Yeah, rewarded with the slobbering accolades of a bunch of pathetic dimwitted neckbeards who want to confess their undying love for her.

Her accomplishment is more on the lines of "hey, that's pretty damn clever" rather than "OMG stop the presses: this WOMAN did something NERDY and I WANT HER!!"

Re:Brilliant hack! (-1)

Why should she be rewarded? The telemetry info was embedded into the audio feed. This information contains location data on *purpose*. The only thing noteworthy here is that she was able to decode it. The thing is.. it's an open standard. Anyone can look at the spec and decode the telemetry data.

This site's standards have gotten waaaay too low.

Re:Brilliant hack! (1)

K. S. Kyosuke (729550) | about 8 months ago | (#46130025)

She's Finnish, so she's probably unfamiliar with technology widespread in US police helicopter sorties. :-p

This is impressive and all (-1)

but good lord get a hobby.

Re:This is impressive and all (2)

benjfowler (239527) | about 8 months ago | (#46129497)

You become this skilled, by turning it into an obsessive hobby.

Re:This is impressive and all (1)

Or by taking a couple of EE classes. I believe signal processing is a 200-level course.

Once you isolate the telemetry data from the audio signal (which is literally just simple subtraction in this case), you're left with a bunch of 1's and 0's that follow a known pattern defined by the telemetry standard. These 8 bits mean this. These 14 bits mean that. At that point it's no more difficult than looking at an IP header and figuring out where a packet originated.

Re:This is impressive and all (2, Insightful)

Did you look at her profile? She's interested in codes and ciphers and vintage electronics so this sort of is her hobby. Many here seem to bash her because this isn't something spectacular but she never claimed it was. All she did was to write about her observation in her own blog.

Re:This is impressive and all (1)

sjames (1099) | about 8 months ago | (#46130243)

What do you think this is?

Re:This is impressive and all (1)

Another, completely (812244) | about 8 months ago | (#46130691)

She was in Lordi too? Hard to know who they really are through the masks, but they are Finnish, and electrical engineering types do get up to some strange hobbies. How did you know?

nice nice, very nice (1)

presidenteloco (659168) | about 8 months ago | (#46129475)

Now if she had got the location from the angle of reflected sunlight glinting off objects on the ground and the time of day, I would have been really impressed ;-)

Good thing she's Finnish (5, Insightful)

Areyoukiddingme (1289470) | about 8 months ago | (#46129493)

Oona had better be glad she's Finnish. If she did that in the US, she could expect jack-booted thugs from Homeland Security bashing her door down. That data is SEKRET! The fact that it's only perceived as secret by said ignorant thugs because the marketing department of the vendor told them so is completely lost in the general panic. TUR'RISTS could FOLLOW the HELICOPTER! Beat to quarters and man guns!

I'd like to think I was exaggerating for effect, but judging by the past decade, I'm really not. The current security apparatus really is self-parodying.

(For those who want to bitch about how this perception runs contrary to Slashdot groupthink about the threat posed by that apparatus, I say only this: some of us are capable of projecting into the future. We want the spying and the blundering belligerence stopped because it might not always be blundering or incompetent. It still manages to be mortally dangerous even now. It could get much much worse.)

Re:Good thing she's Finnish (-1, Flamebait)

cascadingstylesheet (140919) | about 8 months ago | (#46129667)

For the majority of "the past decade" - the most recent majority - "the current security apparatus" has been run by one Barack H. Obama.

Otherwise known as "the darling of Slashdot".

Re:Good thing she's Finnish (0)

Otherwise known as "the darling of Slashdot".

In fairness, we apply that label to everyone who wasn't part of the Bush/Cheney administration. Obama is a right wing "thug", it's just that he's what passes for "center-left" in the USA mainstream.

Re:Good thing she's Finnish (1)

It'd make a good article when se travels to US some day..... Arrested in airport.... and so on....

Re:Good thing she's Finnish (1)

Come on. I was doing this five years ago to feed GPS coordinates into a videocamera audio input with the purpose of geereferencing video frames (startup of basically three programmers) which were used for road maintenance. We were paid to film the roads, and then people in the office would inspect it, and input proper position (well, precise enough for road maintenance) into a GIS. The development of feeding the GPS into the audio was due to the previous process being clunky: gps coordinates were separate from the video, so any time the video had to be cut or modified in some way, the "synchronization" with the coordinates would be lost. Being in the video allowed us to edit, cut, and modify videos and still have the frames in the proper location.

How can this be SEKRET? Your modem did the same to connect to the internet.

Re:Good thing she's Finnish (0)

Re:Good thing she's Finnish (-1)

And not black in the south.

Re:Good thing she's Finnish (-1)

I can't believe this is modded +5 Insightful.

Am I missing something? (-1, Troll)

All she did was decode the telemetry data. This data by definition contains location information. She looked at information encoded in a known protocol and told us what it says.

Just because it was surrounded by audio doesn't make it impressive. This is sophomore-level Signals and Systems stuff here. Next she's going to tell us that AM radio can be decoded by looking at the envelope signals.

Re:Am I missing something? (5, Interesting)

Rosco P. Coltrane (209368) | about 8 months ago | (#46129659)

So what? It was still fun, as in "this Youtube video contains more data than meets the eyes. Let's find out what it is."

As a ham radio enthusiast, I get the same pleasure decoding the bits of morse code that can be heard in movies from time to time: usually it's pretend morse code, but once in a while you hear a bit of a real transmission that's been overlaid onto the soundtrack by the sound engineer who didn't have a clue that what he used actually meant something totally unrelated to the movie.

In fact, I heard a CQ call followed by a callsign in a scifi B-movie from the 90s once, and sent a QSL card to the owner of the callsign in question. He answered me saying I was one of only 5 people to have done so over the years. How fun is that?

So yes, the code is known, there's nothing special about it, but she had fun digging out unexpected information, and I had fun reading about it. Stop being so jaded.

Re:Am I missing something? (3, Funny)

TheGratefulNet (143330) | about 8 months ago | (#46129731)

thanks for calling it morse code.

when I see people refer to it as 'morris code', I feel the need to remind them that that's a secret language, known only by cats.

Re:Am I missing something? (1)

Rosco P. Coltrane (209368) | about 8 months ago | (#46130353)

... and morris dancers.

Or is it morse dancers?

Re:Am I missing something? (0)

Damn you internet. Now I'm visualising cats performing a morris dance.

Re:Am I missing something? (1)

AK Marc (707885) | about 8 months ago | (#46129707)

So, who's writing the program to automate this for all YouTube videos?

Finally! (5, Interesting)

ArchieBunker (132337) | about 8 months ago | (#46129629)

A story worthy of slashdot. Please post more of these (not being sarcastic).

Seconded! (4, Insightful)

Okian Warrior (537106) | about 8 months ago | (#46129701)

A story worthy of slashdot. Please post more of these (not being sarcastic).

I second this.

I'm adequately supplied with political stories, you can get those anywhere. Stories that raise the indignation level are also common - "oh! how unjust that is!".

When you have stuff that nerds find interesting that you don't see everywhere else, nerds will come here to see it.

Re:Finally! (1)

feufeu (1109929) | about 8 months ago | (#46130177)

This !

News for nerds at least !

Re:Finally! (0)

A story worthy of slashdot. Please post more of these (not being sarcastic).

They seem to be coming. She was featured in Slashdot a couple of months ago [slashdot.org] already.

Re:Finally! (1)

Rakarra (112805) | about 8 months ago | (#46130529)

This was like a throwback story!

DMCA Violation (1)

mysidia (191772) | about 8 months ago | (#46129651)

My new hero..... Good thing she's not in the US :)

You're not supposed to be decrypting latent signals effectively hidden in the video, to uncover privileged data. The feds would have a field day with anyone in the US who did this....

Re:DMCA Violation (0)

She didn't decrypt anything, it's how the video transmission system encodes the GPS data for transmission, it isn't meant to be hidden.

I also don't think a news helicopter will care if you know where it is or where it was. I doubt the US government would either.

0x80 (1)

TechyImmigrant (175943) | about 8 months ago | (#46129683)

For those born after the 1970s, 0x80 is the sync byte. It's what you would send on serial line protocols when you have nothing to send, in order to maintain synchrony.

It's just 1200baud 7O1 Bell 202 (5, Informative)

marcansoft (727665) | about 8 months ago | (#46129789)

0x80 is just a null byte with odd parity. What she apparently missed is that this is bog-standard Bell 202 AFSK (1200 baud) with 7 data bits and odd parity, and the data is ASCII. By throwing away the top nybble, she was throwing away the parity bit and the top 3 bits of the ASCII encoding of decimal digits. The fact that it was a parity bit should've been pretty obvious, since the top nybble flips between 0x3x and 0xbx in the pattern that you'd expect for a parity bit.

You can decode it with off the shelf software, throw away the top bit, and get back mostly ASCII:

$ ./minimodem --rx 1200 -f ~/helicopter.wav | tr '\200-\377\r' '\000-\177\n'
### CARRIER 1200 @ 1200.0 Hz ###
  282 0002.3
#L N390374 W09432938YJ
#AL #NA 282 0002.3
#L N390374 W09432938YJ
#AL #NA 283 0002.3
#L N390372 W09432928YJ
#AL #NA 283 0002.3
#L N390370 W09432918YJ
#AL #NA 283 0002.3
#L N390370 W09432918YJ
#AL #NA 283 0002.3
[...]

I'm actually surprised that she missed / didn't mention this, considering her experience with signals analysis and demodulation. This is pretty much as basic as telemetry data modulation gets! Then again, as a reverse engineer myself, sometimes we get caught up doing deep analysis of something that later turns out to be totally trivial :)

Re:It's just 1200baud 7O1 Bell 202 (4, Informative)

pe1chl (90186) | about 8 months ago | (#46129871)

She mentioned that she used a spectral analysis to deduce that this was 1200/2200 Hz FSK, well I knew that by just listening to it!
This is exactly the same sound as 1200 baud AFSK amateur packet radio made in the eighties/nineties, indeed using Bell 202 AFSK modems.
I have heard so many of those packets while seeing them scrolling by on the screen that I can sometimes hear what kind of packet it is by just listening. (of course not the exact content)
Only in this case it is async serial data, while with packet radio it was HDLC NRZI-encoded sync data. And because in packet radio there are alternating transmissions from different transmitters, you hear a characteristic "leader" pattern similar to the idle pattern in this broadcast followed by a data packet and a keydown of the transmitter.
She probably was at an advantage not knowing about this, as she did not waste time to see if it was HDLC.

Re:It's just 1200baud 7O1 Bell 202 (0)

Eighties/nineties? Sadly, packet radio hasn't advanced much in the last thirty years and the bulk of the VHF and up packet radio today is still 1200 baud Bell 202.

Re:It's just 1200baud 7O1 Bell 202 (1)

oblivionboy (181090) | about 8 months ago | (#46130325)

She still deserves the sandwich, though.

Re:It's just 1200baud 7O1 Bell 202 (0)

No. Women should be treated equally and if a man failed like this we would be tearing him apart.
Any HAM with a few years experience would instantly know what that sound was. Hell, there are tons of youtube videos with packet radio/SSTV embedded in them!

Re:It's just 1200baud 7O1 Bell 202 (0)

Yeah, I didn't mention the parity bit, thought it was irrelevant for readers and the data seemed error-free anyway. And yes, your view on reverse engineers is accurate ;p -Oona

Re:It's just 1200baud 7O1 Bell 202 (0)

Yes, I left the parity stuff out of the text, thought it would be irrelevant. And yes, I was unaware of Bell 202 ;p -Oona

Re:It's just 1200baud 7O1 Bell 202 (2)

russotto (537200) | about 8 months ago | (#46130885)

Yeah, I was hoping the article would turn out to be about how the telemetry ended up cross-modulated into the audio feed or something, rather than being standard information deliberately sent. Would have been cooler.

Re:0x80 (0)

So you're implying that for those born in or before the '70s 0x80 is *not* the sync byte? That's ageist. And bytist.

Re:0x80 (1)

TechyImmigrant (175943) | about 8 months ago | (#46130285)

Nope. Just that people born later may not have had learn about synchronous, asynchronous and plesiochronous serial line protocols because that stuff is buried in the lower layers of multi layer protocols.

I think you missed the joke in AC's comment (0)

A wife asks her husband, a software engineer, ”Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk, and if they have eggs, get 6!” A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk. The wife asks him, “Why the hell did you buy 6 cartons of milk?” He replied, “They had eggs.”

"For those born after the 1970s, 0x80 is the sync byte"

If the condition of being born after the 1970s is true, 0x80 is the sync byte, otherwise it's not.

Awesome (0)

She should try to do this for live video footage.

hands and hats off (2)

aissixtir (2752321) | about 8 months ago | (#46129767)

Someone on this article truly deserves the title of a "hacker"

Terrorists! (0)

At least that's what the police will allege.

Yeah! "Hacker" used in the good old meaning! (4, Informative)

garry_g (106621) | about 8 months ago | (#46129953)

... and not as the negative it is most often used nowadays ...

she's probably ugly (-1)

Usually works out that way. Might as well be a story about some dude.

... okay? cool, but what? (2)

eyenot (102141) | about 8 months ago | (#46130511)

In chemistry and physics courses you'll find you often do lab work not in discovery of new things but to prove things that are already known. It turns out to be pretty simple to do an experiment to prove that two related theories can be measurably shown to be not false, through some apparatus under some paradigm.

So this woman used existing knowledge of how GPS works, of audio modulated data, and a chase that she also apparently knew the location of, and showed that the location of the chase matches the location being communicated. Okay, so that's cool.

But what did she accomplish? I am, of course, asking this from the "how is this news" rostrum. It's a great proof of theory but what the hell does it have to do with anything?

Oh, wait. The elephant in the room. I see what's going on, here, you geeks got all fucked up in the head again because here comes another woman with skills.

A man who turns into putty for women isn't trustworthy, you know that? Strong women prey on those guys and they become security concerns.

If you can't treat women as equals, then all of your wowie-zowie about women "doing guy things" is empty. You're more self-impressed at other males than impressed at this woman's potential.

Impossible! (1)

Barbarian (9467) | about 8 months ago | (#46130611)

Impossible, audio systems and flight systems never interfere with each other. Any argument the other way is just from a bunch of technophobes. --- summarized from the cell phones on air planes threads.

Re:Impossible! (0)

Nothing is interfering with anything. The video transmission system on that helicopter is designed to store GPS data in one of the audio tracks.